I believe I have added everyone to the shared calendar (if you either e-mailed me or said you would like to be added via the parent form)! If you are not seeing the rehearsal calendar and requested to be added to it please e-mail me at email@example.com and let me know so I can work to remedy whatever the problem may be! Thanks so much everyone!
It has come to our attention that some of the calendars had the incorrect time for tonight’s meeting. Please be aware that the parent meeting tonight starts at 7PM not 7:30! So sorry for the inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you at 7pm tonight!
Walled Lake Central Youth Chorus Cast List
Thank you to all that auditioned! Mr. Alan and Mrs. Lenze were very impressed with the amount of talent that we’ve seen over the past two days! Click here to view the Youth Cast List. Please make sure to read the full cast list, as your name may be listed in more than one ensemble
- Tomorrow we will be having our MANDATORY Parent Meeting at 7PM. This meeting will take place in the Auditorium at Walled Lake Central.
- Please bring your Show Fee and Costume Deposit Check. The checks MUST be made out to “Walled Lake Central”. Please list either “Show Fee” or “Costume Deposit” as well as you child’s name in the memo line of your check to help us organize the checks easier.
- Each child MUST have at least one (1) parent or guardian in attendance at the meeting. If you cannot make the meeting tomorrow, please email Amanda Lenze (Producer/Director) right away! firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If you have questions about your audition, please direct all questions to Amanda Lenze (Producer/Director) and Alan Highe (Acting Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will not discuss why certain people are in certain ensemble groups, but would be more than willing to give suggestions for improvement for future auditions.
- Rehearsals are tentatively scheduled for Monday’s starting at 4:30PM and running until 6:30PM. A full youth chorus and Fagin’s gang schedule will be available on the WLC Musical website, www.wlcMusical.org by the end of this week.
We have an amazing Cast, Pit, and Crew! We cannot wait to work with each and every one of you, and make “Oliver” the best musical to come to Walled Lake Central!
Youth Chorus Audition Reminders and Clarification
There have been a couple questions and clarification points regarding our upcoming youth chorus auditions on Monday January 25 and Tuesday January 26.
- Students need to only come to one of the two audition days
- Our registration (where we will check children in and make sure that all of the necessary paperwork is filled out) will be from 3:30-4:00 pm. If you are arriving after 4:00 pm our students stage manager, Amy will get students registered and then bring them into the auditions. Please do not let arriving late prevent students from auditioning. We are going to be as flexible as
possible during this process.
- Due to some of our late start elementary and middle schools I am going to extend the audition time to 6 pm. I will hear and see students as they are able to come to the auditions. They will start at 4:00 pm and be open until 6:00 pm
- The only thing that students need to prepare is the song Row, Row, Row Your Boat.
- They should wear comfortable clothes/shoes to move around in. They will be learning some choreography during their audition and they need to be able to easily move around.
As of right now we do not have a set day and time for rehearsal because I need to see where most of the students who will be in the ensemble will be coming from (early or late start schools). From January-beginning of March the youth chorus will have 1 rehearsal a week to learn music, choreography, and blocking. As of right now (without knowing where students are coming from) I am planning on Mondays 4:30-6:30 pm. Once we get into March we will be combining them with the end of the HS rehearsals. That schedule will posted once the youth ensemble is selected. Youth chorus students will be part of the first two scenes in the show (the orphanage). Some of them will also be selected to be part of the large ensemble songs (Consider Yourself and Who Will Buy) that will require some additional rehearsals. Some of our middle school youth chorus auditionees might be selected to be part of Fagin’s gang. These would require rehearsals that will be with the high school students who are part of Fagin’s gang and that schedule is already part of the musical website. Those students would be expected to arrive at those rehearsals as soon as possible once their regular school day ends.
We are so excited to see fantastic students on Monday and Tuesday! Please let Mrs. Lenze know if you have additional questions at email@example.com
See you on Monday or Tuesday! #teamOliver!
When writing your checks for the show fee and deposit, please also include your child’s name in the memo line so we can ensure proper cataloging for our records. Thank you so much!
A few very important reminders answers to common questions.
- Youth Chorus Audition information can be found here. Auditions are going to be held on Monday, January 25th and Tuesday, January 26th from 3:30PM-5PM.
- Your Show Fee and Script/Costume Deposit check must be made out to “Walled Lake Central”. Please also list either “Show Fee” or “Script/Costume Deposit” in the memo line of your check to help us organize it easier.
- Please go to the Contact Page to find e-mails to get in contact with members of Oliver team.
Thank you and if you have any questions please let us know!
Pit Roster is Up!
Be Sure to check out the Pit Roster by clicking here! Thanks to all who auditioned! Questions?
First rehearsal: Wednesday, January 20th, 4pm
Character and Time Studies
Dear “Oliver!” Company,
Over the next four months, we will be devoting our time to making sure that the chorus is just as appreciated and developed as the leads are. This is a large task to take on, therefore, we’re asking for your cooperation and participation. We have provided Character Development Packets for Chorus/Ensemble, due March 1, 2016, and Lead/Feature, due February 1, 2016 as well as the Time Period Research, due February 1, 2016. In these packets you will find your first assignment to help make this show a “Sell-out Success”. These packets should be filled out and returned to Alan ASAP however the official deadline is listed above and in the packets. Please give completed packets to Mrs. Lenze, Alan, or email the completed packets to firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with this first step, we will be asking you to do some individual research and character development over the next four months. Other assignments may include watching other productions, listening to the soundtrack, real life Connections, and more!
Remember, we now have a deadline, and it is time to start working! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either of us! We have a wonderful cast, and we both look forward to seeing the end product.
Cast List is Up!
First and foremost, we wanted to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who auditioned!
Please read everything below.
The entire panel was continually impressed with the overall preparedness and professionalism of those who auditioned. It was a long process creating our cast list because we want to produce the absolute best show possible for this spring. The panel had to make very challenging decisions because the quality of the auditions and callbacks were so wonderful. It was a team decision from beginning to end and we are ecstatic about the results! We will absolutely not discuss why you did or did not get a certain part, but we are more than willing to give you constructive feedback on your audition process. Some people will be excited, some very disappointed. Please be careful of your words and actions. Be very aware of what you say online, on social media and to friends. Once you put something online or in writing (text messages, snap chat, twitter…) they can never be taken back. #TEAMOLIVER! Means always being supportive and not destructive.
- The cast list will be posted on the callboard on Monday morning first thing. Please sign your name indicating that you accept your role in our show! We will then see you at 2:45 PM for our first rehearsal!
- Make sure and go through the entire cast list, to find out what characters you are. If it says that you are a named character and ensemble we will have the specific ensemble songs you will be singing/acting/dancing in by the end of next week. We will have a newly reformatted list by next Friday, so that you can easily see who you are, and in what scenes you appear in.
- Bring to our first rehearsal on Monday, water, snacks, binder for your script and a pencil…and get ready to “consider yourself at home”!!!
- Thank you for your time spent preparing for your auditions. We witnessed students who have spent dozens of hours in preparing for this show…and yes, others who just pulled it together. Well, it’s time to ALL work together on making this the BEST WLC musical!!!
- Swing roles mean that you are the understudy for your respected gender leads. See Mrs. Lenze for more information on this understudy role.
- Congratulations to all who were called back! It was grueling and long, but we know it will pay off when we put this all together at the end.
- If you didn’t get the role that you were dreaming of, please know there were an incredible number of reasons for our casting choices. Give it a few days, but if you are really wondering about your audition, feel free to talk to Mrs. Lenze, Alan, Mrs. Rexroat, Mr. Durand, Matt, Mr. Lenze, Lisa, or Pat. We will not discuss why you did not receive a role but would be happy to give you suggestions for improvements for your next audition.
- You can read this article if you’d like to gain some perspective of casting from professional casting director, Amy Jo Berman. “26 Reasons Why You Didn’t Get the Part”
- To see the Cast List please click HERE
Now, let’s make this an incredible show! You are part of something big and we can’t wait to work with you! See you on Monday.
Your audition panel,
Oliver! Callback list is up!
Thank you to all who auditioned! We had a great turnout and we are very pleased with the results! Remember that just because your name does not appear on the callback list does not mean you will not be cast in the show! Be aware of what you say online, on social media, and to friends. Once things are online or in writing, they can never be taken back. Some people will be happy, some disappointed, always be careful, kind, and respectful with your words and actions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TOMORROW
- Make sure you read all of the callback list so you are completely prepared.
- Make sure to prepare the material for all parts you are called back for!
- Click to view the Callback List
- Click to view the Callback Scenes
- Click to view the Callback Sheet Music
- Please note that if you are called back for Bet prepare the “Oom Pah Pah” section of Nancy’s music
- If you are called back for Rose Seller, Strawberry Seller, Milkmaid, or Knife Grinder please prepare the “Sellers” music.
- Click to view the Callback Rehearsal Music
- Your callback starts the moment you walk in the door. No cellphones or other distractions.
- Please print out and prepare to the best of your ability your callback music and dialogue.
- Dress professionally tomorrow.
- We will start callbacks promptly at 3:00 PM. Be on time!
- Bring water to stay hydrated. And a snack if you think you might get hungry.
- We will dismiss characters as we see fit. Please plan to stay until finished.
If you have any questions regarding directions during the callback, please ask. We are here to help and want to help everyone be at their best. Thank you for your hard work and dedication! See you all tomorrow at 3PM sharp!
It has come to my attention that there are three mistakes within the information provided to you. The corrections are listed below.
- Being in Marching Band does NOT exclude you from auditioning for a lead role. This was left over from a previous years form and is incorrect for this year. If you were in Marching Band you are welcomed and encouraged to audition for lead roles and solos!
- The audition monologue for Mr./Mrs. Brownlow was not correctly transferred to the website from the packet. You may find the monologue by clicking this link
- The Trombone sheet music has now been added to the Pit Audition Music page!
I appreciate everyone’s understanding and if you have any questions or other concerns please let me know as soon as possible! Thank you and good luck to all auditioning!
Welcome to Walled Lake Central’s Musical website!
We here at WLC are incredibly excited for our 2016 production of Oliver! Keep checking back for more updates as we get closer to our performance dates of April 14, 15, 16, and 17!