Audition Information Meeting:
December 13, 2016 at 2:30PM
December 19-22, 2016
March 17-19, 2017
March 24-26, 2017
Official Show Hashtag
So excited for this show and for what’s to come!
Our 2017 Central musical reveal party date is set! Please join us as we reveal next year’s amazing musical, here are the details!
Tuesday June 7, 2017
What To Bring:
Please bring your favorite snack to pass!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Congratulations to the entire company of Oliver! It was an incredibly beautiful and moving piece of theatre!
A couple reminders:
- Donations are still being collected! The deadline to get them in is Sunday the 24th! Be sure to check out our Donate Page for lists of needed items, as well as ways to donate monetarily!
- We still need help dismantling the set over the next few days. If you’d like to help please contact Matt Weber or Mrs. Lenze asap!
Thank you everyone! And remember spread the word and donate to these wonderful organizations!
As many of you know the company of Oliver! was inspired to help some very wonderful organizations around the area that do so much good work for those in need. Oliver! features many of the themes Haven and other organizations try and combat everyday, so now we, as a company, want to give back; this is why we need your help.
Please click the button below to be taken to the donation page. From there you can find lists of needed items, information about the organizations the company is supporting, and the link to the page where you may donate monetarily if you prefer!
We will be accepting donations until April 24th. Thank you so much for your continued support of the performing arts program at Walled Lake Central High School and of the these wonderful causes that the company is excited to give back to!
Happy Opening Day!
An extra set day has been added today 4/6/16 from 11am to 4pm! Please remember that every part of this show takes all of our contributions to accomplish, cast is require to contribute 6 construction hours and crew is required to contribute 12! Thank you!
We are so excited to bring this amazing show to life!!! #teamOliver!
Please remember… this is the most challenging time for ANY show.
Keep in mind:
1. Theater is built on good manners and kindness
2. Support each other
3. Keep a positive attitude
4. Do YOUR VERY BEST at every rehearsal
We truly believe in you and in this show. Please believe in us to help you make this amazing!
Your Production Team,
Mrs. Lenze, Alan, Mr. Durand, Lisa, Mr. Lenze, Matt Weber, Jake Turner, Ms. O, Kelly, Rahme, Amy, Mrs. Keith
We will be working through act 2 with the high school cast and pit. We will then work bows
Youth chorus will be working with Ms. O on finalizing their songs and choreography. We will then add them in with the pit at the end of rehearsal. We will also work on bows
Our goal is to do a full run of the show!!! This will ensure that we are ready for our rehearsals and tech week! We will start with act 2 and then go into act 1 to incorporate the youth chorus.
finalizing Food Glorious Food and Oliver! with choreography and props. We will also be fitting for costumes during this time.
- Today we are also finishing any headshots that have not been completed!!!! If you have not had your head shot done (for the bio boards that will be in front of our entrance to the theater). Anyone needing a headshot done must wear a BLACK shirt (short or long sleeve) and jeans.
- We will also be doing the class (group) shots. Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Crew, Pit, and Youth Chorus. EVERYONE MUST WEAR Black shirt and jeans on bottom. It must be a black shirt or the lighting for the picture will not work out well.
- We also need EVERYONE to check in with Amy Alabawi (our stage manager) Today and Thursday to make sure that your name is spelled correctly for the program. This will our only chance to make changes as the program heads to the printer.
If you do not individually check in with Amy- please remember that there is nothing else that can be done once the program is printed.
We are approaching crunch time and this is where we need the entire village to put on our production. Parents should be hearing from their respective volunteer leaders. We will be in need of a great deal of parent and student help on our set over the next two weeks. Please look for emails from Mr. Jake Turner. We will try to indicate what kind of work needs to be completed so those with painting skills can come in and help on appropriate days.
Things are in a great groove and we are looking forward to a phenomenal show!!! And remember…..
Hello Company of “Oliver!”
You are receiving this message today to inform you all of a change in our rehearsal for Tomorrow, Wednesday March 23rd.
All high school cast is called from 2:45-5:30 to do a run of the show. Our primary focus will be to sit in the auditorium and do a line and lyric check without choreography or blocking. You will be required to sit in the auditorium the entire rehearsal to get a feel for the flow, and the length of the show. Please bring something quiet to do during rehearsal. This is a wonderful time to catch up on homework!
If you have a conflict with tomorrow’s rehearsal please inform Amy, Caitlyn, Mrs. Lenze or myself. If you are participating in Choir Festival you are expected to attend rehearsal immediately following your return to Walled Lake Central.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me! I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
Hello to all! As you can see I’ve had success in re-synching everything on the calendar, I really appreciate all your patience with that process. I have a few reminders as we get closer to the show opening!
You should have received an e-mail from Alan regarding the schedule for today and yesterday, I have attached a pdf version for today’s rehearsal schedule here. Now that the calendar is repaired, please note that as of March 28th all rehearsals will require full cast and crew, and pit, this includes the Youth Chorus.
I have added the set construction dates to the cast, crew, and pit calendars. Please also check back regularly for any changes as the come up! A pdf version of the calendar can also be found here.
Box Office dates and times have been added to the Tickets tab of the website! Please check them out if you’d like to purchase your tickets from our Box Office directly!
More videos have been added! Make sure you are practicing outside of rehearsal!!
Keep working hard and staying positive everyone! I’m excited for the wonderful production you are building together! #teamoliver!
As many have probably noticed we’ve had a hiccup in the cast calendar. Google is currently looking into why this happened and as soon as I get the all clear from them I’ll put the dates back in. For the time being please refer to the PDF version of the schedule found here and any emails or Remind updates from Mrs. Lenze! So sorry for the inconvenience and I hope to have everything back up and running soon!
We will be doing the headshots for everyone involved in the show on this coming Monday March 14th and Wednesday March 16th. Wear a PLAIN BLACK shirt for the picture. It must be black and have absolutely no writing or logos on it. It can be short sleeve or long sleeve, whatever you are most comfortable with.
We are missing A LOT of personal congratulation ads for the cast, pit, and crew that did the deluxe package. Please email them to me ( email@example.com) ASAP!!! They are due by March 16th.
Hope your ad sales are going well! Remember every cast, pit, and crew member should be selling 2 ads to help our program costs!
Mrs. Lenze will be sending out e-mail reminders on occasion you can also find them in the Email Updates tab in the Stagedoor. Below are a few reminders from that e-mail:
Pick up time
Unless it has been pre-arranged (not the day of or at the start of rehearsal) all cast members must stay through their entire rehearsal time.
PLEASE watch the musical website for updates on the schedule. Please also make sure you are receiving our weekly emails regarding the production and what is coming up, if not please e-mail Mrs. Lenze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also if you have not yet synced your personal calendar with our musical calendar email Rahme at email@example.com to get this set up. Any changes we make to the schedule will automatically be updated to your calendar!!
HS Cast- be prepared that some of you will be called (even the day before) to work with the pit on your songs during their full pit rehearsals
Turntable Install: Monday March 7th 2:45-8:30 PM
2:45-5:00 PM- All HS cast/crew is required to be helping with moving pieces and installing the turntable during this time. Anyone that is able to stay past 5:00 PM is INCREDIBLY appreciated! We will get pizza for those that are able to stay.
If you are a set construction parent, please come as soon as you are able this evening. We need as much help as possible to get the turntable and platforming in as quickly and safely as possible.
Turntable Install Part 2: Tuesday March 8th 2:45-5:30 PM
HS cast is called from 2:45- 4:00 PM
We must have the turntable fully installed before the 8th grade Tony performance this evening, if you are able to come and help us finish, please come ASAP
8th grade Tony Performance
- HIGH SCHOOL cast members who are part of “Consider Yourself”- call time 5:45 PM, performance 6:30 PM, done by 7:00 PM
- Attire- professional (dress pants/shirt/tie for men, dress pants/skirt, nice top for women) we are NOT doing costumes for this performance
- Meet in the choir room at 5:45 pm to warm up and run through everything
Spring Break Rehearsals
EVERYONE is expected to be at the rehearsals over spring break! Please email Mrs. Lenze at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other specific questions regarding this. Talking to her before, during, or after rehearsal won’t work with how much is going on.
Off Book Requirements:
This week EVERYONE is OFF BOOK for the ENTIRE SHOW! Some of you really need to take the time to practice outside of rehearsal so you are prepared. Please remember if you are not prepared the directors reserve the right to remove you from the scene or song.
Just as Mrs. Lenze says in the choir classes, don’t be a DUD (Disruptive, Unfocused, Disrespectful)!!!! The process in simple…
- Warning (one of the directors will say your name and let you know you have a warning)
- Time Out (you will be asked to sit out of the scene, song, or choreography and get yourself together, come back when you are ready to truly work and be a contributing cast member)
- Removal from scene, song, dance. This is non-negotiable
Alan, Lisa, or Mrs. Lenze may use this system. If you are removed by one of the directors, DO NOT go and ask another director to put you back into a scene, song, or dance. That is disrespectful and unprofessional.
Talking Must Stop!
We do not have time for you to be talking during rehearsals. Before or after or in a break is awesome, when you are on stage is not acceptable.
Alan and I have noticed that people are excluding others during the rehearsal process. Always remember we are a TEAM and we support each other. Think before you speak and remember that actions speak much louder than words.
We want the best show and experience possible for everyone in our show and that starts with how you rehearse and how you treat each other. Practice now so you look back on this show and truly love it!
Look for a separate email with specific reminders for your rehearsal process, dates, and expectations.
The process for starting costumes will be this week. We will start with measurements so come to EVERY rehearsal in appropriate attire in case you are measured that day. For more information on what is proper attire and for shoe requirements please reference our Costume Page.
Amy Martin is our hair/make up designer and will be putting information about individual make up responsibilities (purchases) by the end of this week on our Makeup Page. We will be purchasing full cast needed items.
Take time this week and make sure your posters get put up!!!! HELP SELL OUT EVERY SHOW! Everyone in the cast (HS and youth chorus) should have picked up their posters, postcards, poster instructions (which can also be found here), and ad letter. There were several left from the HS cast and Youth Cast that if you did not get it on Sunday see Amy or Caitlyn on Monday. We want to see everyone really promoting our show! Make sure you get the approval of businesses and locations where you are putting up the posters. Don’t put them up outside because they will get ruined with the weather changes.
Due to the snow day for Walled Lake Schools we will not have rehearsal today, March 2nd! Please keep an eye on the calendar for updates to the schedule and be prepared for multiple rehearsals on Friday!
Stay safe and warm everyone!
Also a list of characters/actors in each scene and song are now posted here and also available for download, please make sure you know what rehearsals you are called for by referencing that page!
As always, please email me ASAP at email@example.com if you com across any aspects of the site that are not working for you! Be safe and stay warm out there guys!
The Where and When
Tuesday, March 1st starting at Western at 2:45PM and moving to Central for storing at 3:30PM.
All cast and crew not rehearsing in Consider Yourself are called to help! Any parents or students willing to carpool or that have any questions please contact Mrs. Lenze or Amy ASAP!
2:45 – 4:00: Review Consider Yourself and Oom Pah Pah
2:45 – 4:30: Reviewing the Situation and Reprise (Fagin)
4:00 – 4:45: Acrobats/Dodger/Oliver with Lisa
4:00 – 4:45: It’s A Fine Life (Fagin’s Gang) with Mrs. Lenze
4:45 – 6:00: I’d Do Anything
2:45 – 4:00: Music Review of Fagin’s Gang music (Fagin’s Gang, Nancy, Bet, Oliver, Fagin, Dodger)
4:00 – 6:30: Youth Chorus Act 1 Scenes 1-3
4:00 – 6:30: Act 1 Scenes 1-3 HS Cast
Stay warm and stay safe everyone!
Choreography videos are now uploaded under the rehearsal material tab. Please note this area of the website is password protected, please contact a member of the team if you require the password and let me know if there any issues with the videos!
I believe I have added everyone to the shared calendar (if you either e-mailed me or said you would like to be added via the parent form)! If you are not seeing the rehearsal calendar and requested to be added to it please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know so I can work to remedy whatever the problem may be! Thanks so much everyone!
It has come to our attention that some of the calendars had the incorrect time for tonight’s meeting. Please be aware that the parent meeting tonight starts at 7PM not 7:30! So sorry for the inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you at 7pm tonight!
Walled Lake Central Youth Chorus Cast List
Thank you to all that auditioned! Mr. Alan and Mrs. Lenze were very impressed with the amount of talent that we’ve seen over the past two days! Click here to view the Youth Cast List. Please make sure to read the full cast list, as your name may be listed in more than one ensemble
- Tomorrow we will be having our MANDATORY Parent Meeting at 7PM. This meeting will take place in the Auditorium at Walled Lake Central.
- Please bring your Show Fee and Costume Deposit Check. The checks MUST be made out to “Walled Lake Central”. Please list either “Show Fee” or “Costume Deposit” as well as you child’s name in the memo line of your check to help us organize the checks easier.
- Each child MUST have at least one (1) parent or guardian in attendance at the meeting. If you cannot make the meeting tomorrow, please email Amanda Lenze (Producer/Director) right away! email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about your audition, please direct all questions to Amanda Lenze (Producer/Director) and Alan Highe (Acting Director) at email@example.com . We will not discuss why certain people are in certain ensemble groups, but would be more than willing to give suggestions for improvement for future auditions.
- Rehearsals are tentatively scheduled for Monday’s starting at 4:30PM and running until 6:30PM. A full youth chorus and Fagin’s gang schedule will be available on the WLC Musical website, www.wlcMusical.org by the end of this week.
We have an amazing Cast, Pit, and Crew! We cannot wait to work with each and every one of you, and make “Oliver” the best musical to come to Walled Lake Central!
Youth Chorus Audition Reminders and Clarification
There have been a couple questions and clarification points regarding our upcoming youth chorus auditions on Monday January 25 and Tuesday January 26.
- Students need to only come to one of the two audition days
- Our registration (where we will check children in and make sure that all of the necessary paperwork is filled out) will be from 3:30-4:00 pm. If you are arriving after 4:00 pm our students stage manager, Amy will get students registered and then bring them into the auditions. Please do not let arriving late prevent students from auditioning. We are going to be as flexible as
possible during this process.
- Due to some of our late start elementary and middle schools I am going to extend the audition time to 6 pm. I will hear and see students as they are able to come to the auditions. They will start at 4:00 pm and be open until 6:00 pm
- The only thing that students need to prepare is the song Row, Row, Row Your Boat.
- They should wear comfortable clothes/shoes to move around in. They will be learning some choreography during their audition and they need to be able to easily move around.
As of right now we do not have a set day and time for rehearsal because I need to see where most of the students who will be in the ensemble will be coming from (early or late start schools). From January-beginning of March the youth chorus will have 1 rehearsal a week to learn music, choreography, and blocking. As of right now (without knowing where students are coming from) I am planning on Mondays 4:30-6:30 pm. Once we get into March we will be combining them with the end of the HS rehearsals. That schedule will posted once the youth ensemble is selected. Youth chorus students will be part of the first two scenes in the show (the orphanage). Some of them will also be selected to be part of the large ensemble songs (Consider Yourself and Who Will Buy) that will require some additional rehearsals. Some of our middle school youth chorus auditionees might be selected to be part of Fagin’s gang. These would require rehearsals that will be with the high school students who are part of Fagin’s gang and that schedule is already part of the musical website. Those students would be expected to arrive at those rehearsals as soon as possible once their regular school day ends.
We are so excited to see fantastic students on Monday and Tuesday! Please let Mrs. Lenze know if you have additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on Monday or Tuesday! #teamOliver!
When writing your checks for the show fee and deposit, please also include your child’s name in the memo line so we can ensure proper cataloging for our records. Thank you so much!
A few very important reminders answers to common questions.
- Youth Chorus Audition information can be found here. Auditions are going to be held on Monday, January 25th and Tuesday, January 26th from 3:30PM-5PM.
- Your Show Fee and Script/Costume Deposit check must be made out to “Walled Lake Central”. Please also list either “Show Fee” or “Script/Costume Deposit” in the memo line of your check to help us organize it easier.
- Please go to the Contact Page to find e-mails to get in contact with members of Oliver team.
Thank you and if you have any questions please let us know!
Pit Roster is Up!
Be Sure to check out the Pit Roster by clicking here! Thanks to all who auditioned! Questions?
First rehearsal: Wednesday, January 20th, 4pm
Character and Time Studies
Dear “Oliver!” Company,
Over the next four months, we will be devoting our time to making sure that the chorus is just as appreciated and developed as the leads are. This is a large task to take on, therefore, we’re asking for your cooperation and participation. We have provided Character Development Packets for Chorus/Ensemble, due March 1, 2016, and Lead/Feature, due February 1, 2016 as well as the Time Period Research, due February 1, 2016. In these packets you will find your first assignment to help make this show a “Sell-out Success”. These packets should be filled out and returned to Alan ASAP however the official deadline is listed above and in the packets. Please give completed packets to Mrs. Lenze, Alan, or email the completed packets to email@example.com
Along with this first step, we will be asking you to do some individual research and character development over the next four months. Other assignments may include watching other productions, listening to the soundtrack, real life Connections, and more!
Remember, we now have a deadline, and it is time to start working! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either of us! We have a wonderful cast, and we both look forward to seeing the end product.
Cast List is Up!
First and foremost, we wanted to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who auditioned!
Please read everything below.
The entire panel was continually impressed with the overall preparedness and professionalism of those who auditioned. It was a long process creating our cast list because we want to produce the absolute best show possible for this spring. The panel had to make very challenging decisions because the quality of the auditions and callbacks were so wonderful. It was a team decision from beginning to end and we are ecstatic about the results! We will absolutely not discuss why you did or did not get a certain part, but we are more than willing to give you constructive feedback on your audition process. Some people will be excited, some very disappointed. Please be careful of your words and actions. Be very aware of what you say online, on social media and to friends. Once you put something online or in writing (text messages, snap chat, twitter…) they can never be taken back. #TEAMOLIVER! Means always being supportive and not destructive.
- The cast list will be posted on the callboard on Monday morning first thing. Please sign your name indicating that you accept your role in our show! We will then see you at 2:45 PM for our first rehearsal!
- Make sure and go through the entire cast list, to find out what characters you are. If it says that you are a named character and ensemble we will have the specific ensemble songs you will be singing/acting/dancing in by the end of next week. We will have a newly reformatted list by next Friday, so that you can easily see who you are, and in what scenes you appear in.
- Bring to our first rehearsal on Monday, water, snacks, binder for your script and a pencil…and get ready to “consider yourself at home”!!!
- Thank you for your time spent preparing for your auditions. We witnessed students who have spent dozens of hours in preparing for this show…and yes, others who just pulled it together. Well, it’s time to ALL work together on making this the BEST WLC musical!!!
- Swing roles mean that you are the understudy for your respected gender leads. See Mrs. Lenze for more information on this understudy role.
- Congratulations to all who were called back! It was grueling and long, but we know it will pay off when we put this all together at the end.
- If you didn’t get the role that you were dreaming of, please know there were an incredible number of reasons for our casting choices. Give it a few days, but if you are really wondering about your audition, feel free to talk to Mrs. Lenze, Alan, Mrs. Rexroat, Mr. Durand, Matt, Mr. Lenze, Lisa, or Pat. We will not discuss why you did not receive a role but would be happy to give you suggestions for improvements for your next audition.
- You can read this article if you’d like to gain some perspective of casting from professional casting director, Amy Jo Berman. “26 Reasons Why You Didn’t Get the Part”
- To see the Cast List please click HERE
Now, let’s make this an incredible show! You are part of something big and we can’t wait to work with you! See you on Monday.
Your audition panel,
Oliver! Callback list is up!
Thank you to all who auditioned! We had a great turnout and we are very pleased with the results! Remember that just because your name does not appear on the callback list does not mean you will not be cast in the show! Be aware of what you say online, on social media, and to friends. Once things are online or in writing, they can never be taken back. Some people will be happy, some disappointed, always be careful, kind, and respectful with your words and actions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TOMORROW
- Make sure you read all of the callback list so you are completely prepared.
- Make sure to prepare the material for all parts you are called back for!
- Click to view the Callback List
- Click to view the Callback Scenes
- Click to view the Callback Sheet Music
- Please note that if you are called back for Bet prepare the “Oom Pah Pah” section of Nancy’s music
- If you are called back for Rose Seller, Strawberry Seller, Milkmaid, or Knife Grinder please prepare the “Sellers” music.
- Click to view the Callback Rehearsal Music
- Your callback starts the moment you walk in the door. No cellphones or other distractions.
- Please print out and prepare to the best of your ability your callback music and dialogue.
- Dress professionally tomorrow.
- We will start callbacks promptly at 3:00 PM. Be on time!
- Bring water to stay hydrated. And a snack if you think you might get hungry.
- We will dismiss characters as we see fit. Please plan to stay until finished.
If you have any questions regarding directions during the callback, please ask. We are here to help and want to help everyone be at their best. Thank you for your hard work and dedication! See you all tomorrow at 3PM sharp!
It has come to my attention that there are three mistakes within the information provided to you. The corrections are listed below.
- Being in Marching Band does NOT exclude you from auditioning for a lead role. This was left over from a previous years form and is incorrect for this year. If you were in Marching Band you are welcomed and encouraged to audition for lead roles and solos!
- The audition monologue for Mr./Mrs. Brownlow was not correctly transferred to the website from the packet. You may find the monologue by clicking this link
- The Trombone sheet music has now been added to the Pit Audition Music page!
I appreciate everyone’s understanding and if you have any questions or other concerns please let me know as soon as possible! Thank you and good luck to all auditioning!
Welcome to Walled Lake Central’s Musical website!
We here at WLC are incredibly excited for our 2016 production of Oliver! Keep checking back for more updates as we get closer to our performance dates of April 14, 15, 16, and 17!