All Events Have Been Postponed!
Following the Governors recommendations, Walled Lake Consolidated Schools has postponed all events and performance until further notice. We do not have any information yet about rescheduling and all patrons will be notified once we have a plan in place.
Please click here for the Walled Lake Consolidated Schools Coronavirus update information.
Reminder that Bios are due TODAY
Please remember that your bios are due today. To submit your bios form please click here and fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Parent Meeting is Tonight
Remember that the company parent meeting is tonight December 10th at 7PM.
All Cast, Crew, and Pit members must attend with a parent or guardian. Please be prepared to pay your show deposits and fees.
Shrek, the Musical Cast List is Up!
Please read EVERYTHING below.
The entire panel was continually impressed with the overall preparedness and professionalism of those who auditioned. We know it was a long process creating our cast list. The reason it took so long was because we want to produce the absolute best show possible for this spring. The panel had to make incredibly challenging decisions because the quality of the auditions and callbacks were so wonderful and extremely versatile this year. It was a team decision from beginning to end and we are ecstatic about the results! While we will never discuss why someone got a part instead of you, we are more than willing to give you constructive feedback on your audition process. Some people will be excited, some very disappointed. Please be careful and considerate of your words and actions.
Be very aware of what you say online, on social media, through text, and directly to friends. Once you put something online, in writing (text messages, snap chat, twitter…), or verbally can never be taken back.
- Congratulations to all who were called back! It was grueling and long, but we know it will pay off when we put this all together at the end. Again and again the panel was blown away by how so many of you just kept putting your absolute best forward in so many different areas! As the saying goes, “Do your best and forget the rest!”
- Make sure and go through the entire cast list, to find out what character(s) you are. Almost every cast member has multiple roles! You are so lucky to get such great stage time!
- Things to bring to our first rehearsal/read through of the script on Monday December 9th 2:45-5:30 PM should include: water, snacks, a binder for your script and a pencil…and get ready to travel through the swamp to Duloc together!
- We want to be very clear that the production (script) that we will put on is DIFFERENT than the original Dreamworks movie, Broadway recording, and Broadway stage recording that is on Netflix and because of this each of our actors will be able to showcase their multiple characters in different ways that have never been seen before. Every musical when taken from Broadway to a rentable edition is altered, changed, or added to in specific areas. Allow us the time to go through the script together and talk about the vision of the production team on Monday December 9th to better understand your part(s).
- Thank you for your time spent preparing for your auditions. We witnessed students who have spent dozens of hours in preparing for this show…and yes, others who just pulled it together. And now, it’s time to all work together on making this a spectacular WLC musical!!!
- The cast list will be posted on the Callboard (Board outside the Choir room) on Monday (10/20/19) morning for anyone that was not able to view it online.
- If you didn’t get the role that you were hoping for, please know there were numerous reasons for our casting choices. Give it a few days, but if you are really wondering about your audition, please to talk to Mrs. Lenze, Ms. Liz, Mr. Lenze, or Ms. Lisa. Please do not stew on negative thoughts and emotions and allow them to fester. These negative emotions will hurt our show and your friendships. Have a discussion with the team and let those thoughts out so you can get constructive feedback to learn and grow. While we will never discuss why someone got a part instead of you, we are more than willing to give you constructive feedback on your audition process.
- ALL CAST MEMBERS: You MUST attend the Mandatory Cast Costume Measurements time that is happening tomorrow, MONDAY October 21st any time between 2:15-5:00 PM. You will need to wear appropriate clothing to be measured. Wear one of the following combinations: compression shorts and plain t-shirt, tights and dance leotards, tank top and leggings, or gym shorts and plain t-shirt. Once you have been measured you are dismissed.
- To see the cast list, please Click Here.
Now, let’s make this an incredible show! You are part of something HUGE and we can’t wait to work with you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Your audition panel,
Mrs. Lenze, Producer/Director; Ms. Liz Tuminello, Acting Director; Mr. Lenze, Artistic Consultant; Ms. Lisa Davis-English, Choreographer
Callback List is Up
Thank you to all who auditioned! We had a great turnout and we are very pleased with the results! Remember just because your name does not appear on the callback list this does not mean you will not be cast in the show! Be aware of what you say online, on social media, and to friends. Once things are online or in writing, they can never be taken back. Some people will be happy, some disappointed, always be careful, kind, and respectful with your words and actions.
Please look below for everything you need to prepare and bring to callbacks!
If you have any questions regarding directions during the callback, please ask. We are here to help and want to help everyone be at their best. Thank you for your hard work and dedication! Make sure you are ON TIME for our start of 11 AM.
Mrs. Lenze, Mr. Lenze, Ms. Liz, Matt Weber, Lisa English-Davis
- Make sure you read all of the callback list so you are completely prepared.
- Make sure to prepare the material for all parts you are called back for!
- Fairytale creatures and Gingy prepare Freak Flag Fly
- Pinnochio ONLY prepare Story of My Life
- Shrek prepare
- When Words Fail
- Build a Wall
- Fiona prepare
- This is How a Dream Comes True
- I Know It’s Today
- Dragon prepare
- This is How a Dream Comes True
- Donkey prepare Don’t Let Me Go
- Farquad prepare Ballad of Farquaad
- Click to view the Callback Music and practice.
- Your callback starts the moment you walk in the door. No cellphones or other distractions.
- Please print out and prepare to the best of your ability your callback music.
- You will need a pencil to make markings in the music.
- Dress professionally! Remember we SEE you before we ever hear you.
- We will start callbacks promptly at 11:00 AM. We will begin with warm-ups onstage. BE ON TIME.
- Bring water to stay hydrated and a snack or food you will get hungry. You may want to try and eat something substantial before you come.
- You will be expected to stay the entire length of callbacks. Please be respectful and professional. Please plan for rides accordingly.
- Click to view the Callback List
Dance Audition Videos
Welcome to Shrek, The Musical Website! Below you will find links to some items of interest if you would like to become a member of our company! Please make sure to check back often for more info and updates!
If you are having trouble finding music to use for auditions please use this page it has some suggestions for auditions songs for each voice part. Remember that when you are selecting music for your audition you need to keep in mind the character you’re auditioning for and the style of music you are selecting. These songs are general suggestions that don’t necessarily give a character connection to the characters in this year’s show. However, if you have no idea where to begin or finding a song would prevent you from auditioning for the show, use these titles! Listen to the songs on YouTube or find the show recordings. Practice A LOT and show us what you can do!